- By basing itself in Perpignan, the world capital of photojournalism for the past 30 years thanks to the success of the “Visa pour l’Image” photojournalism festival headed by Jean-Francois Leroy, the CIP shows its determination to defend, highlight and further all forms of photojournalism, a profession that is essential in preserving our collective memory, writing our history and defending freedom of express throughout the world.
The Centre International du Photojournalisme will :
- Create a unique archive on photojournalism and its history.
- Archive and preserve original works by photojournalists.
- Initiate and foster projects that promote works by photojournalists : publications, exhibitions, multimedia material, symposiums.
- Build and implement education programs in photojournalism and contemporary image awareness.